Target Operating Model03 December 2013 by Genpact
The Q3 2013 Finance Director Europe (FDE) roundtable, held in Frankfurt at the Hilton airport hotel, provided insight as to the type of operating models companies in the DACH regions have implemented for business services, the extent to which they are changing and the strategies being employed to help companies meet their target outcomes and achieve business impact. The co-host for the session was Tiger Tyagarajan, President and CEO of Genpact, who was joined by his colleagues Ahmed Mazhari, SVP Global Sales & Client Relationships and Stephan Göppert, VP Germany. The moderator was Dr Patrick Beitel, Partner, McKinsey and Company.
Round table participants included:
- Udo Rahenbrock, SVP Global Accounting Operations, Bayer
- Javier Sánchez y Garcia, CEO, Global Business Services, ThyssenKrupp Group
- Dr Frank Claassen, Group Head of Finance Standardisation and transparency, Beiersdorf
- Jörg Bermüller, Head of Cash and Risk Management, Merck
- Kamila Grembowicz, Head of Project Office, Novartis Service Centre Switzerland, Novartis
- Dr Oliver Wolff, Managing Director, Metro Services, Metro Group
Topics and trends discussed included:
- The growing trend of hybrid delivery for business services, whereby in-house shared services is complemented by an external service provider
- Creating an operating model to complement an emerging market growth strategy
- Defining 'business critical' and the types of processes that should be included in an operating model
- The key levers for creating an optimum finance operating model
To find out more, please download this free white paper.
Target Operating Model