Situated at the heart of the Baltic Sea Region, Helsinki, the capital of Finland, is a dynamic, world-class location for business and innovation.
International companies appreciate our highly skilled English-speaking workforce, socio-political stability, effective infrastructure and true quality of life.
The Helsinki region is highly suitable for knowledge-intensive businesses, especially when research and development (R&D), and innovation is key. Our business ecosystem is especially strong in the areas of ICT, smart and clean tech, and health and life sciences. We are home to Nokia, Rovio, Supercell and many more success stories.
Thanks to the excellent international accessibility, the region offers a good base for transnational business functions such as regional headquarters, and access to a vast market of 100 million people.
Also, the innovation infrastructure and the entrepreneur-friendly atmosphere make Helsinki and attractive hub for start-ups to grow and bloom.
We make Helsinki the best place for your business
Helsinki Business Hub is a publicly funded regional development agency. We enable foreign companies to establish their businesses and innovation-driven companies to grow and develop in Helsinki.
Our customised first-class services are free of charge and based on full confidentiality. We cooperate with the local community (companies, public sector, universities, research institutions) to ensure the best results for your business.
Contact us if you are looking for deal flow from Finland, searching for the best location for your R&D activities, interested in our renowned start-up environment or looking to grow your business in and from Helsinki.
Helsinki Business Hub offers you:
- customised market overviews, cost-analyses and set-up services for your business
- access to potential partners, strategic customers, relevant public authorities, and public and private financing entities
- tailored fact-finding tours to connect you with relevant companies, partners, universities, R&D and innovation players, and service providers
- a R&D&I partner to help you find Finnish partners that can make a difference in your innovation initiatives
- a M&A target scan to help you identify and evaluate strategic M&A targets for your company
- a strategic sales partner/pilot cases scan to help you identify and evaluate strategic partners for your company in the Finnish business ecosystem
- start-up partners to help you meet with domain experts, VCs, accelerators, incubators and industry associations.
Means to pilot your product
- Helsinki is an ideal test bed for new innovations, especially in health, smart and clean technologies
- the right partners to enable you to test your product in the Helsinki region in order to gain a reliable reference market for your innovation.
Finland ranks # 1 as:
- THE MOST DYNAMIC COUNTRY IN EUROPE
The Grant Thornton Global Dynamism Index 2013
- THE MOST COMPETITIVE ECONOMY
World Economic Forum's 'The Europe 2020 Competitiveness Report, 2014'
- EUROPE's INNOVATION LEADER
EU Innovation Union Scoreboard 2014
- COUNTRY WITH BEST WIRELESS BROADBAND CONNECTIONS PER CAPITA IN THE WORLD OECD, 2014
- COUNTRY WITH THE CLEANEST AIR IN EUROPE
The Environmental Performance Index, 2014
- THE BEST PLACE FOR MOTHERS
Save the Children annual 'State of the World's Mothers' report 2014
- COUNTRY WITH BEST NETWORK READINESS
The World Economic Forum's Networked Readiness Index 2014
- THE WORLD's BEST CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
The WJP Rule of Law Index 2014
- COUNTRY WITH BEST PRESS FREEDOM
World Press Freedom Index 2014
Helsinki Business Hub
Mechelininkatu 1 a
+358 44 783 3218